SUN PAY LIMITED (“Sunpay”, “we”, “us” or “Company”) recognizes that its Clients who use sunpay.ca value their privacy.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
1 INFORMATION WE COLLECT
1.1 When you create a Sunpay account, or otherwise provide Sunpay with your personal information through your use of the Website, Sunpay collects personal information which may include your:
• Full name;
• Identification number (e.g. passport number, identity card number, etc.) and/or details;
• Company name (if any);
• Home and/or work address;
• Email address;
• Credit card details;
• Bank account details;
• Phone number (mobile and/or fixed line);
• Information about your URL website (if any).
1.2 The full list of required personal information you can find in Know Your Customer Application (Appendix 4 to KYC procedure).
2 CONSENT FOR COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE
2.5 If Client provides personal information of any third party to Sunpay, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from that relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
3 COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1.1 Opening a Sunpay account
By signing up for a Sunpay account or use of the Sunpay services, Client may be required to enter his/her personal information to store with his/her account.
3.1.2 Use of the Sunpay services
If Client uses Sunpay services as a guest, he/she may be required to enter his/her personal information for the purposes of fulfilling a transaction.
3.2 Sunpay limits its collection of personal information only to information which is necessary for the provision of the Sunpay services and the operation of the Website.
3.3 Sunpay does not knowingly collect any personal information from any persons under the age of eighteen (18).
4 PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Sunpay reserves the right to collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process and/or government request, including but not limited to ‘Know Your Customer’ principles, customer due diligence, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism financing-related purposes;
• market research to understand better your needs in relation to the Sunpay services;
• to improve the Website and our products and/or services;
• to fulfill your requests when using our products or services;
• to fulfill transactions with Sunpay merchants;
• to communicate with you and other visitors to the Website, to inform you (where necessary) of any upgrades, as well as of other products and services available from Sunpay, its affiliates and third parties;
• to allow you to access limited-entry areas of the Website;
• to personalize any of our services and products for you and to deliver targeted advertisements and offers from us and third parties;
• for any billing requirements and to maintain relevant payment records;
• to respond to any claims by third parties or in response to any potential breach of any agreements or policies that govern your use of the Website or any Sunpay product or service;
• to protect the rights of Sunpay including but not limited to the security or integrity of the Website;
• to identify and resolve any technical problems related to the Website and our products and/or services;
• for our business or operational analysis, marketing and other promotional purposes.
• other purposes required for Sunpay services
5 COLLECTION OF OTHER DATA
• your computer’s IP address;
• browser type;
• webpages you visited before you came to the Website;
• the pages within the Website which you visited;
• the time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Website, access times and dates, and other statistics.
5.2 The data collected may be used by Sunpay for the following purposes:
• analysis and evaluation in order to help Sunpay to improve the Website, the services and products Sunpay provides;
• enabling certain features and functions on the Website, or services, including but not limited to remembering your username, browsing preferences, and other service preferences;
• building up a profile of how you and other users use the Website;
• administering Sunpay services to you and to our advertisers;
• establishing usage statistics on the Sunpay platform.
• other purposes required for Sunpay services
5.3 Most internet browsers provide you the option of turning off the processing of cookies. You may turn off cookies while browsing the Website but this may result in the loss of functionality, restrict your use of the Website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6 DISCLOSURE, PROCESSING AND RETENTION OF DATA
6.1 Sunpay shall only disclose your information:
• to our employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on Sunpay behalf for any of the purposes identified under section 4 of this Policy;
• if Sunpay has a reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, other users of the Website, products or services, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities;
• to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law, or otherwise as required by law.
6.2 Personal information collected from you may also be transferred to a third party in the event:
• Sunpay engages its affiliates and/or other third parties to provide certain products and/or services to you on our behalf. In such cases, Sunpay will only provide information to such third parties on a ‘need to know’ basis, and Sunpay will limit their rights to use and further disclose your personal information as appropriate in the course of their work for Sunpay;
• to verify the accuracy of the personal information that has been provided to us;
• to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
• we are required to do so because of an applicable law, court order or governmental regulation, or if such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding here or abroad.
• other purposes required for Sunpay services
6.3 Where payments to Sunpay merchants are made through the Website, Sunpay may share personal information, which can include your name, delivery address, and telephone number, for the purposes of enabling the Sunpay merchant to fulfil the transaction.
6.4 Information relating to bank accounts and other financial information will never be disclosed to anyone through this Website, unless Sunpay must do so to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process and/or government request.
6.5 Where personal information is shared with third parties, Sunpay will exercise all reasonable endeavors to ensure that such third parties keep your personal information secure.
6.7 After your account becomes inactive (that is, if you request to be removed from our database), Sunpay will keep your personal information in its archives for a duration as may be required under any applicable laws or regulations. Your information will be used only as necessary for tax purposes or to prove our compliance with any applicable law.
6.8 The Client is responsible for maintaining the secrecy of the unique password and account information at all times.
7 ACCESS AND UPDATES TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
7.1 Client has the right to access and review any personal information Sunpay has collected and retained from him/her.
7.2 Client is responsible for informing Sunpay about changes to his/her personal information from time to time and has the right to request for the amendment of inaccurate or incomplete personal information by submitting a request via email and requests in Personal Cabinet. Sunpay will screen and verify all requests before effecting the corrections. Once verified, Sunpay will affect the corrections or updates as soon as commercially feasible.
7.3 In order to verify Client’s personal information, Sunpay may request Client to provide supporting documentation to corroborate the personal information provided.
7.4 The Client may update or correct his/her personal information and email preferences at any time in Personal Cabinet (“Customer details”).
8 SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
8.1 Sunpay protects your personal information by:
• restricting third party access to any personal information;
• maintaining relevant software and technology within the Website and Sunpay platform to prevent unauthorized computer access;
• securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose.
8.2 Sunpay uses SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details to keep your personal information safe and secure.
8.3 If Client believes that his/her personal information on the Website has been breached or compromised, please contact Sunpay immediately.
8.4 Client’s password is the key to the account. Sunpay encourages using unique numbers, letters and special characters. Do not share Sunpay password to anyone. If you share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and you could also be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If your password has been compromised, or you have grounds to believe it has been compromised, for any reason, you should immediately contact Sunpay and change your password.
8.5 Clients are reminded to log off from their account and close the browser when finished using a shared computer.
9 EXTERNAL WEBSITE LINKS
10 CONTACT US
10.2 All products and services provided by us are subject to the applicable Sunpay General Terms and Conditions found on the Website and governed by the laws of Canada.
Terms of service
Complaint management policy
SUN PAY LIMITED
106-460 DOYLE ROAD,
KELOWNA, BC, V1Y0C2, CANADA
+1 202 773 3960